This fall, The Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation (BLHF) and kate spade new york, a designer handbag retailer, announce the expansion of their joint program, the “She Care Wellness Pods,” which aims to reach over 25,000 Black women on HBCU campuses with frontline mental wellness care. After a successful inaugural launch at Alabama State University in April of this year, BLHF and kate spade are expanding the initiative to a second HBCU campus location, Hampton University in Virginia.
The multifaceted program features the opening of “She Care Wellness Pods” – physical structures installed on campuses that offer a range of services, including:
• Free mental health therapy sessions for female students experiencing an exacerbation of stress, anxiety, and hopelessness.
• Hangout spaces that allow students to connect with peers or avoid isolation and grief during the school year and vacation periods.
• Unique programming including yoga, meditation, art and drama therapy, African dance, nutrition, and more, all provided by certified practitioners.
• Workshops that offer resources and tools for those who suffer from anxiety, sleep deprivation, and insomnia.
• Quiet spaces for silence, rest, and respite to reset from daily stressors.
The post Hampton University to Establish “She Care Wellness Pods”...