The man who has been accused and arrested for the November killing of Migos, one-third of the Atlanta hip-hop group Takeoff, proclaimed his innocence at his first court appearance in Houston last Friday.
According to The Associated Press, the attorney for 33-year-old Patrick Xavier Clark, who is also known as DJ Pat, a local Houston DJ, said that her client was not the person who pulled the trigger. .
Prosecutors and the defense attorneys for DJ Pat agreed to have a hearing to discuss a reduction in the amount of the $2 million bond. That hearing is scheduled for December 14. DJ Pat was arrested on a murder charge last week.
The Houston DJ, according to ABC13 News, had applied for an emergency passport before he was arrested on December 1. Authorities reported that DJ Pat had a large amount of cash when he was caught. Papers that he filed for an expedited passport were also on his person and the DJ had a flight booked to fly to Mexico.
DJ Pat’s lawyer, Letitia Quinones, says that her client is innocent and to allow the system to do its part.
“There is a lot of investigation that needs to be...